A simple example page

Developer
Jan 17, 2008 at 5:32 AM
These are great controls but they are missing some example code to instantiate the control.

Has anyone created a sample page that contains only one chart control?

Thanks
TopCoder
Jan 22, 2008 at 3:53 PM
The project seems to be great, but i don't have any data in the charts.
Does it work for you ?
I explain: the project build fine, the test page display Y-label and Y-label values but for the BAR Sample (for exemple) i dot not see any bar.
It's the same for all the charts.
I also tried the sample page (http://home.comcast.net/~venkata.guddanti/FreeSilverlightChart/TestPage.html) and it's the same.
Amfred
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2008 at 3:15 PM
Yes. It works for me. I created a sample page that calls the chart control. I will upload my sample page in a few minutes.

Tell me what you are trying to do and I can create a sample page for that.

yanlinhust
Jan 28, 2008 at 2:28 PM
Thank's for your sample !

This week-end i find where is my problem, i can't use "AnimationDuration" property. It's the same with your sample.
With 0 second the chart's work fine.
I can use it with "PIE", "FUNNEL", "RADAR" and "STACKED" charts but with all the others it doesn't work.
My second problem is the perspective (3D) option with the PIE chart who doesn't work.
I use VS 2008 pro and IE 7...

Amfred
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2008 at 3:48 PM
Edited Jan 29, 2008 at 11:37 PM
Maybe you can download the newest revision from the Source Code and your problems are automatically solved.

Oh, the animation in the project is not really Animation of Silverlight. Read the function named "DoAnimation" in "FreeSilverlightChart(solution name)/FreeSilverlightChart/Chart.xmal.cs" and you will understand how to do the animation. Then you may change it into many cool animations.

Additionally, I added useful introduction on the home page. You can read it and get more information about the project.

yanlinhust
Feb 18, 2008 at 8:21 AM
Edited Feb 18, 2008 at 10:00 AM
Thanks yanlinhust for the sample page....was of great help!
Feb 26, 2008 at 8:26 AM
I refer to a C# class in my page.xaml. In that C# class, i need a xmlDocument object to extract data out of a xml string.
When i declare a xmlDocument object in the C# class, no chart is drawn however.

Why is the declaration of a xmlDocument object in the managed code called from Silverlight not allowed?
Is there a way around this problem?