Financial Charts - Candlestick charts

May 3, 2008 at 1:51 AM
Hi

I am looking to use this control for Financial charting. Kindly some one throw me pointers for using this control for Candlesticks

thanks
Kuladeep
Coordinator
May 6, 2008 at 2:28 AM
I would expect the candlestick graph fairly straightforward to implement by extending some of the code in the FreeSilverlightChart framework code. You can extend the ChartModel to include extra data needed for candlestick charts. For e.g if you have a class called CandleStickModel, it would need 4 data points(high, low, open, close) instead of 1 data point for yValues. For rendering the data you can extend FreeSilverlightChart.Chart class and render the data.

One thing I am not very sure about is how to display multiple series in CandleStickGraph. Currently all the chart types support multiple series.

If I get some time later this week, I can give a shot at implementing the CandleStickGraph.
Coordinator
May 11, 2008 at 5:49 PM
I added an intial implementation of CandleStickGraph with a sample. Please look at it. The chart does support multiple series. However for CandleStickGraph, displaying multiple series would make sense only if the two series are close in price, otherwise the candle sticks become too small to display.
Jun 1, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Hi Venkata,

Im glad to read that because im also needing this kind of charts, I saw an implementation of your charts made by Rudi Glober, but Im getting issues trying to draw manually datapoints on this implementation, if you have your own version could you please provide it to me?

Thanks in advance

KMILO