Silverlight 2.0 beta 2?

Jun 9, 2008 at 7:44 PM
Hi Venkata,

I know it was only recently that you updated to 2.0 beta 1, but are you planning on updating the control again for 2.0 beta 2?

Thanks for your effort...

-Ben
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2008 at 2:51 AM
Sure I will go ahead and do this this weekend. I did not realize that Microsoft release Silverlight 2.0 beta 2.
Jun 11, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Thanks Venkata!

-Ben

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2008 at 5:37 PM
I spent a little bit of time migrating the project to Silverlight 2.0 beta 2. Even though most of the changes from the Beta 1 to Beta 2 seems innoculous, there was one that really hurt the existing architecture. Looks like in Beta 2 DependencyObject..SetValue. Looks like this API has become more type safe and does not do type conversion. In particular myPath.SetValue(Path.DataProperty, strPath); where the strPath is a string representation of Path Data no longer works.

Currently all the path elements in the chart are created by getting the template string from a lookAndFeel class and then assigning the path data. I need to change the strategy to either of the following:

1. Insert the Data in the Path template string and create the the path.

2. Change the LookAndFeel template strings and have some like of token for the Path Data and use text formatting/substitution to replace the data. This is an API change.

I have also posted a question in the Silverlight forum to see if anybody can provide a workaround. Here is a link: 

http://silverlight.net/forums/p/17762/61681.aspx

If I do not hear back soon, I will try one of the two strategies listed above.

Regards,
Venkata

Jun 17, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Regards

thanks

zhangfei

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2008 at 7:56 AM
I migrated the project to Silverlight 2 Beta 2. I used strategy 1.